What free, ad free, account free, free unlimited bandwidth VPN (aka proxy) browsers do you know of?

Arlen Holder

Jan 6, 2021, 10:23:21 AM1/6/21
What free, ad free, account free, free unlimited bandwidth VPN (aka proxy) browsers do you know of?
o Since I use Android, Windows, & iOS (in that order), here's what I know of:
Android: <https://i.postimg.cc/WpM4FM5t/web01.jpg>
Windows: <https://i.postimg.cc/hjjVXkq5/taskbarmenu07.jpg>
iOS: <https://i.postimg.cc/LXzB3Lc0/appleid01.jpg>

o Opera browser with free VPN, by Opera
Android: <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.browser>
Windows: <https://www.opera.com>
iOS: <???I didn't see an Opera VPN browser on the Apple App Store???>
<https://www.opera.com/mobile>

Note: Mobile setup for full-time VPN is a multi-step non-intuitive process:
<https://mashtips.com/enable-free-vpn-opera-browser-android/>

See detailed critical review here:
<https://www.michalspacek.com/opera-browsers-vpn-is-just-a-proxy>

See also:
o Woo hoo! As of March 27th 2019,the mobile version of the Opera browser finally has VPN support
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.freeware/c/XkKAeGFz4fQ/>

o Epic Privacy Browser, by Hidden Reflex
Android: <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.epic.browser>
Windows: <https://www.epicbrowser.com>
iOS: <https://apps.apple.com/us/app/epic-privacy-browser-w-vpn/id1502032811>

Note: With the later versions, you need to install the proxy extension.

o Tenta Private VPN Browser + Ad Blocker (Beta), by AVG Labs (aka Avast)
Android: <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tenta.android>
Windows: Not Available
iOS: Not Available

Note: They are, apparently, working on a Windows & iOS version:
<https://tenta.com/platform-support?platform=windows?platform=windows>

o Aloha Browser Lite - Private browser and free VPN, by Aloha Mobile
Android: <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alohamobile.browser.lite>
Windows: Not Available <https://thetechmirror.com/aloha-browser-for-windows/>
iOS: <https://apps.apple.com/au/app/aloha-browser-private-vpn-tor/id1105317682>

Canonical web page: <https://alohabrowser.com/>

Note: Be advised, confusingly so, there are multiple aloha Android variants:
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alohamobile.browser.lite> Ad free
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aloha.browser> Contains Ads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alohamobile.browser> Contains Ads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alohamobile.vpn> VPN client
etc.
In addition to apps named Aloha from other companies.

See also:
o Aloha Web Browser for iPhone and iPad in 2020
<https://www.igeeksblog.com/aloha-browser-iphone-ipad/>

Honorable Mention (as an onion browser isn't the same as a proxy browser):
o Tor Browser: Official, Private, & Secure, by The Tor Project
Android: <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.torproject.torbrowser>
Windows: <https://www.torproject.org/download/>
iOS: Not available <https://support.torproject.org/tormobile/tormobile-3/>

Similar, but probably scams:
o UR Browser, by AdaptiveBee
Android: Not available
Windows: <https://www.ur-browser.com>
iOS: Not available

See detailed critical review here (caveat emptor):
<https://www.michalspacek.com/ur-browser-vpn-and-other-tales>

Note: The 500MB/month VPN appears to be free, but you must create an account;
but I don't think you need anything more than a valid email for that.

Similar, but contains Ads:
o Pico Browser - Unblock Free VPN Proxy Browser, by Pico Browser (Contains Ads)
Android: <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pico.browser>
Windows: <?>
iOS: <?>

See also:
o Pico Browser - Unblock Free VPN Proxy Browser
<https://downloads.zdnet.com/product/2150-78370127/>

Similar, but different concept (as it adds "Tor" but not "VPN/Proxy"):
o Brave Private Browser & VPN, by Brave Software (with Tor on Windows)
Android: <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brave.browser>
Windows: <https://brave.com/download/> (note the addition of Tor on Windows)
iOS: <https://apps.apple.com/us/app/brave-private-web-browser/id1052879175>
Note: I think the Guardian VPN is not free.
See also:
o How do you start the freeware Brave browser in Tor mode from a Windows desktop/taskbar shortcut?
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/82CyFJeWwTs>

Any proxy browser (most suck, if not all, & most if not all, have ads anyway):
o Azka Anti Block Browser - Unblock without VPN, by VPN Tech Studio (Contains Ads)
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.azka.browser.anti.blokir>
o Free Unblock Sites VPN Proxy Browser, by mobiledevca (Contains Ads)
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getfilefrom.browserproxy>

Any proxy web page (there are zillions out there):
o (e.g., <https://www.hidemyass.com/en-us/proxy>)

Can't find:
o Globus VPN Browser
<https://globus-vpn-browser.en.lo4d.com/windows>
<https://www.thewindowsclub.com/globus-free-vpn-tor-browser>

See also:
o All known free ad-free VPN-proxy native ad-blocking web browsers currently available on Windows
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/PC0cw7olG3M>
o Pragmatic experience with Freegate, Ultrasurf, and Polarity privacy-related web-surfing tools
<https://groups.google.com/g/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/c/oHuik0iDqcA/>

In summary, this thread is opened to be purposefully helpful, as always,
in adding value, where the request is the combined knowledge of the ng
to further flesh out what I have stated, off the cuff, ad hoc, above:

Q: What other free, ad free, account free, free unlimited bandwidth
VPN (aka proxy) browsers do you, off hand, yourself know of?
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to always add value on Usenet.
(Please purposefully helpfully improve on this data in this thread.)

Your Name

Jan 6, 2021, 2:57:50 PM1/6/21
On 2021-01-06 15:23:20 +0000, Arlen Holder said:

> What free, ad free, account free, free unlimited bandwidth VPN (aka
> proxy) browsers do you know of?
<snip>

And the asswipe know-nothing anti-Apple moronic little braindead troll
changes his posting name yet again. :-\

Arlen Holder

Jan 6, 2021, 3:33:07 PM1/6/21
Hehhehheh... Hey badgolferman,
o *Didn't I tell you "Your Name" would act like a child due to the fix!*

YourName is further evidence what turns these Apple newsgroups into the
childish cesspool that it currently is, is simply that apologists exist.
o <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/Ptd7f_C4MbM/m/ijpajX_iCQAJ>
"And the asswipe know-nothing anti-Apple moronic little braindead
troll changes his posting name yet again."

You have to admit I have these three types of apologists pegged so much
that I 100% correctly publicly predicted morons like "Your Name" would scream
if we fix the double spaces you asked me to fix in this post from you:
o misc.phone.mobile.iphone newsgroup statistics for 12/2020, by badgolferman
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/EP2upy3c2_o>

Where you asked me to remove an extraneous space:
o <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/EP2upy3c2_o/m/pdjmjevdCQAJ>
"Yes, it appears to be fixed now. Thank you for taking the effort
to [remove the extraneous space]..."

I replied that I would fix it; but that the childish apologists would cry:
o <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/EP2upy3c2_o/m/Mrrpkza2CQAJ>
"I'd be glad to _change_ the user name for you if you like.
But the one problem with that is all the morons will scream.
I've [removed a space], but expect the morons to scream."

This post by YourName is yet another proof that it's the apologists
alone who turn this Apple newsgroup into the childish cesspool it is.
1. I spent an hour compiling lots of links of useful value
2. I read a bunch of reviews, so that I would have accurate data
3. And yet, the Type III apologists complain about a single space!

There's no better obvious proof of how utterly worthless these worthless pieces
of shit are, than what Your Name just proved to everyone on this newsgroup!
o He's never in his life _ever_ contributed value to Usenet
Not even once!

And yet, the Type III apologist screams bloody murder when someone else
writes a damn good opening post which contains tons of useful value...
o Where I happened to have removed a single character at the express
request of badgolferman, who compiles newsgroup usage statistics.

You have to admit, I have these three types of apologists 100% pegged:
o Type I (nospam) will defend Apple to the death at all costs
o Type II (sms) believe MARKETING bullshit sans ever checking on facts
o Type III (Your Name) will complain like hell about deletion of a space!

Far be it for _any_ of the Apple apologists to comprehend the topic.
o Worse... it would be against all reason for them to _add_ an iota of value

All they _can_ do, like Rudy Wieser and the other worthless pieces of shit
who infest these newsgroups, is "complain about a deletion of a space".

Every apologist acts like a child when confronted with simple facts.
o Even when, in this case, badgolferman asked me to delete a space!
--
YourName is further evidence what turns the Apple newsgroups into the
childish cesspool that they currently are, is simply that apologists exist.

Your Name

Jan 6, 2021, 5:52:33 PM1/6/21
On 2021-01-06 20:33:06 +0000, Arlen Holder said:
> On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 08:57:48 +1300, Your Name wrote:
>> On 2021-01-06 15:23:20 +0000, Arlen Holder said:
>>
>>> What free, ad free, account free, free unlimited bandwidth VPN (aka
>>> proxy) browsers do you know of?
>> <snip>
>>
>> And the asswipe know-nothing anti-Apple moronic little braindead troll
>> changes his posting name yet again. :-\
>
> Hehhehheh... Hey badgolferman,

And yet again the asswipe changes his name simply to prove that he's
nothing but a brainless troll. :-\

Go find something useful to do, like jump off a cliff.

Arlen Holder

Jan 6, 2021, 7:29:12 PM1/6/21
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 11:52:27 +1300, Your Name wrote:

> And yet again the asswipe changes his name simply to prove that he's
> nothing but a brainless troll. :-\
>
> Go find something useful to do, like jump off a cliff.

Hey badgolferman,

We need your help.

Would you do us a favor & explain to this Type III apologist moron
that there was _one_ change, & that was to remove a space, at your request.

This Type III apologist, Your Name, is going on and on and on about how
that one space has thrown his entire life into turmoil - just as I had
predicted he would do when you asked me to make that teeny tiny change.

Your Name didn't get it when I already explained to this utter moron Type
III apologist (who is just as dumb as is Alan Baker, Lewis, Joerg Lorenz &
Jolly Roger), so there's no way they're gonna get the "complexity" of the
fact we removed a space.

If you can explain it to them, I'd appreciate it, as whenever any of these
Type III apologists post, I literally become petrified for humanity since
nobody can be _that_ dumb...

And yet... they _are_ literally that stupid.
--
Your Name couldn't comprehend the original post, nor could it add value,
so what it does is wastes two posts (so far) complaining about a space.

Roger Blake

Jan 6, 2021, 7:36:12 PM1/6/21
On 2021-01-06, Arlen Holder <arlen_...@newmachines.com> wrote:
> What free, ad free, account free, free unlimited bandwidth VPN (aka proxy) browsers do you know of?

I wouldn't give you the time of day, or piss on you if you were on fire,
you filthy disgusting bullet-pointer. You must have nym-shifted, time to
update the killfile.

The US Census, what info must you give? -- http://censusfacts.info
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
The facts about Climate Change -- http://www.RealClimateScience.com

Arlen Holder

Jan 6, 2021, 7:49:17 PM1/6/21
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 00:36:11 -0000 (UTC), Roger Blake wrote:

> I wouldn't give you the time of day, or piss on you if you were on fire,
> you filthy disgusting bullet-pointer. You must have nym-shifted, time to
> update the killfile.

Hi badgolferman,

Would you kindly explain what happened to these moronic worthless pieces of
shit, please? I don't have the skills necessary to drop down to their level

We need your help as I don't have the social skills necessary to get
through to these shockingly ignorant morons who can't process facts.

As I 100% predicted openly & publicly a few days ago to you,
the Apple TYPE III apologists lives are all thrown into utter anguished
turmoil, ever since you asked me to remove a space in this thread of yours
so that your scripts compiling Usenet statistics would not hiccup.
o misc.phone.mobile.iphone newsgroup statistics for 12/2020, by badgolferman
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/EP2upy3c2_o>

That space has elicited _exactly_ the response I predicted would occur,
given I've studied these Type III (Dunning Kruger Quadrant One) apologists
to the point that I can accurately predict everything they'll ever say in
response to facts they simply don't happen to like.

Notice though, that I spent hours compiling and testing and downloading and
screenshotting and annotating the information in the tutorial.

Where so far, the _entire_ thread is the following well-known worthless
pieces of shit trolls infesting this thread, where not a single one of them
understood a single word in the original post.

I went to Ivy League schools and I worked alongside the smartest people on
this planet in Silicon Valley startups, so I just do not have the social
skills necessary to deal with people _this_ incredibly stupid that a single
space throws their entire lives into anguished turmoil.

So far, these trolls provided _negative_ value to this thread topic:
o From: Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com>
o From: "J. P. Gilliver (John)" <G6...@255soft.uk>
o From: Roger Blake <rogb...@iname.invalid>

Not only did none them comprehend the subject, nor do any of them ever add
even one iota of on-topic value to any Usenet thread, but all three of them
proved that a single space that you requested I remove, threw their entire
lives into anguished turmoil.

Who on earth is _that_ stupid?
o Answer: They are.
--
I do not own the social skills necessary to deal with people that stupid
that none of them can handle a space, nor have any of them ever added

Who on earth is _that_ incredibly worthless?
o Answer: They are. (Note: It might be the same "it" for all we know.)

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Jan 6, 2021, 7:51:33 PM1/6/21
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 00:36:11, Roger Blake <rogb...@iname.invalid>
wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):
>On 2021-01-06, Arlen Holder <arlen_...@newmachines.com> wrote:
>> What free, ad free, account free, free unlimited bandwidth VPN (aka
>>proxy) browsers do you know of?
>
>I wouldn't give you the time of day, or piss on you if you were on fire,
>you filthy disgusting bullet-pointer. You must have nym-shifted, time to
>update the killfile.

But you _would_ respond to his post with a post )-:.

Douglas Adams is always right; any technology invented after you're 35 does
indeed feel against the natural order of things. - Simon Mayo, RT
2020/7/28-/8/3

Arlen Holder

Jan 6, 2021, 7:56:23 PM1/6/21
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 00:49:36 +0000, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

> But you _would_ respond to his post with a post )-:.

Hi JP Gilliver,]

I admit I don't own the social skills necessary to deal with people as
stupid as you proved (twice) to be, in this thread (and in every thread
that you've _ever_ posted to in your entire life), John "J.P." Gilliver.

So far you've proven, twice, that you're a worthless piece of shit.
Proof positive John (JP Gilliver) is an utterly worthless piece of shit (who can _never_ add any value to this ng)
<https://groups.google.com/g/alt.comp.microsoft.windows/c/dna1pDVh6_o>

That thread will be updated, over time, so as to contain the proof.

Having gone to Ivy League schools with higher degrees and having worked
alongside the smartest people on the planet for decades in Silicon Valley
startups, it still amazes me that people as incredibly shockingly worthless
as you always prove to be, can actually exist.

Twice you posted to this thread, proving you're a worthless piece of shit.
o You clearly don't comprehend the topic
o You clearly don't comprehend that you are a worthless piece of shit

And yet, you _continue_ to prove it, publicly, to all.

Who, on earth, is _that_ incredibly stupid?
o Answer: It is (for all we know it could be the same troll).
--
I don't have the social skills necessary to deal with people _that_ stupid.

Arlen Holder

Jan 6, 2021, 9:36:29 PM1/6/21
On 7 Jan 2021 02:05:29 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> Hey doofus. This wouldn't be a problem for you if you used a decent news
> reader with better filtering capability and you can enjoy filters that
> continue to work no matter what the dip shit troll changes his nym too.
> And as a bonus, the rest of us don't have to see your fucking replies to
> troll posts.

Hi badgolferman,

Did I predict the Type III apologists' perfectly or what! :)
o One space... and it throws them all into an abject frenzy.

They're _that_ shockingly stupid.
o I predicted their utter outrage.

All because you asked me to remove a space.
o Apologists' reactions to facts they hate can be predicted years in advance.

They're all that shockingly stupid
o By the way, Apple knows this - it's why Apple _loves_ them.
(You can't make those ungodly profits off of an intelligent customer base.)
--
I didn't think people could be as stupid as Apple apologists prove to be.

Ken Blake

Jan 7, 2021, 11:12:08 AM1/7/21
On 1/6/2021 5:36 PM, Roger Blake wrote:
> On 2021-01-06, Arlen Holder <arlen_...@newmachines.com> wrote:
>> What free, ad free, account free, free unlimited bandwidth VPN (aka proxy) browsers do you know of?
>
> I wouldn't give you the time of day, or piss on you if you were on fire,
> you filthy disgusting bullet-pointer. You must have nym-shifted, time to
> update the killfile.

If anyone ever wants to question whether someone is a troll, just check
to see if he nym-shifts. Nym-shifting s the mark of a troll, done to
escape killfiles. But it's always easy enough to quickly add a new name
to the killfile.

--
Ken

Arlen Holder

Jan 7, 2021, 11:42:51 AM1/7/21
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 09:12:06 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:

> If anyone ever wants to question whether someone is a troll, just check
> to see if he nym-shifts. Nym-shifting s the mark of a troll, done to
> escape killfiles. But it's always easy enough to quickly add a new name
> to the killfile.

What is interesting is the sock puppets come out in support of itself and
yet, it never in the history of this newsgroup, has ever added value.

Name just one thread from this Ken Blake sock that has _ever_ added value;
o Name just one.

It _hates_ that this one thread alone, adds more on-topic value, than it
has ever added in its entire life and in the entire history of this ng.

FACT:

This Ken Blake sock has _never_ in its entire history - ever added value;
o In fact, _every_ post from this Ken Blake sock _subtracts_ value!

I find it rather interesting how the puppet master brings out myriad sock
puppets in support of itself, where it just can't stand that it lacks the
adult comprehensive skills to add value to _any_ thread topic on this
newsgroup.

Never has the puppet master _ever_ added value to this newsgroup.
o It simply subtracts value in it's myriad sock puppet posts.

Given the puppet master has _many_ of these socks, I challenge any adult on
this newsgroup to find a single tutorial from it in the history of this ng:
o Name just one

Given the sock puppet has come out in spades, the proof being not a single
one of its many puppets has even _comprehended_ the topic, let alone added
an iota of value (i.e., the sock puppet's socks _subtract_ value)...
o Name just one thread where it (this Ken Blake sock) has added value.

*You can't even find one thread from its many socks that added value!*
o In the entire history of this newsgroup!

Not even one.
o It completely lacks the adult comprehensive skills to add value.

This Ken Blake sock has _never_ in its entire history - ever added value.

I challenge any adult to name a _single_ thread of value opened by the sock
puppet's "Ken Blake" sock that _added_ on topic value to this newsgroup.
o In the entire history of this newsgroup!

Name just one.

Hint: You can't.
o It's a sock.
--
What is interesting is the sock puppets come out in support of itself and
yet, it never in the history of this newsgroup, has ever added value.

It _hates_ that this one thread alone, adds more on-topic value, than it
has ever added in its entire life and in the entire history of this ng.

Arlen Holder

Jan 7, 2021, 2:36:43 PM1/7/21
On 7 Jan 2021 19:11:09 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> From: Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com>

hehhehheh... Hey badgolferman,

Bear in mind, when I accepted your request to delete a space, at that time
I publicly predicted, 100%, these infantile Type III apologists, of which
Jolly Roger is clearly a charter member, would _scream_ bloody murder
because you asked me to delete a space!

And they did (and they will _continue_ to do so)...
o Because they can't add on-topic value to _any_ thread topic.

In fact, it's clear Jolly Roger doesn't even _understand_ the topic!
o All he _can_ do, is scream away about a single "space" character.

The apologists are _that_ infantile.
o These infantile apologists ruin this newsgroup for the adults.
--
This thread is further proof that apologists are what ruin this newsgroup.

sms

Jan 7, 2021, 3:10:38 PM1/7/21
On 1/7/2021 8:12 AM, Ken Blake wrote:

<snip>

> If anyone ever wants to question whether someone is a troll, just check
> to see if he nym-shifts. Nym-shifting s the mark of a troll, done to
> escape killfiles. But it's always easy enough to quickly add a new name
> to the killfile.

In Thunderbird, and I suspect in other newsreaders, you can have enough
wild-cards in your filters that you don't have to add new names most of
the time, depending on how clever the nymshifter is.

I use "contains" instead of "is" with both the name and the domain and
most of "Arlen's" different nyms are covered. Of course when people
follow up on his posts those are not filtered out.

What is rather sad is that "Arlen" does occasionally post useful and
accurate information, probably about 20% of what he posts is useful and
true. If he could just stop being so Trump-like, and try to be accurate
and truthful all the time. He could start his rehabilitation by
following the example that many of us have set and use references to
support his contentions.

Personally I'd love to know if a "free, ad free, account free, free
unlimited bandwidth VPN" existed. I bought a 10 year account at Pure VPN
in 2016. Still have about five years to go.

But all VPNs are not the same. I was traveling a lot to China prior to
the pandemic. If you're using Wi-Fi you sometimes need a VPN just to get
to Google stuff like Google Docs, though in hotels that cater to
foreigners there is often no blocking. If you buy a SIM card in China
you need a VPN, but a Hong Kong SIM card does not (not sure if that has
changed lately though).

b...@ripco.com

Jan 7, 2021, 3:21:24 PM1/7/21
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> The "Arlen" troll above has used all of the following nyms during the
> past few years here in the Apple news groups, yet all of his stinky
> posts are filtered out reliably by my news client, slrn, thanks to
> robust filtering:
>
> Adam H. Kerman

You have to be wrong on this one.

Kerman looks like a troll but is really more of an idiot.

Besides living in Chicago, where I know him from, he has no tech past 1998.

Wouldn't know shit about smartphones or much of anything else. Doubt if he
could fake it either.

Best claim of fame AHK ever made was "Lord and Master of Usenet".

Used to win kook of the month, year and decades.

It ain't him.

-bruce
b...@ripco.com

Ken Blake

Jan 7, 2021, 4:54:53 PM1/7/21
On 1/7/2021 1:10 PM, sms wrote:
> On 1/7/2021 8:12 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> If anyone ever wants to question whether someone is a troll, just check
>> to see if he nym-shifts. Nym-shifting s the mark of a troll, done to
>> escape killfiles. But it's always easy enough to quickly add a new name
>> to the killfile.
>
> In Thunderbird, and I suspect in other newsreaders, you can have enough
> wild-cards in your filters that you don't have to add new names most of
> the time, depending on how clever the nymshifter is.
>
> I use "contains" instead of "is" with both the name and the domain and
> most of "Arlen's" different nyms are covered. Of course when people
> follow up on his posts those are not filtered out.
>
> What is rather sad is that "Arlen" does occasionally post useful and
> accurate information, probably about 20% of what he posts is useful and
> true.

20% is a terrible percentage. Nobody who is right 20% of the time should
be relied upon.

--
Ken

Big Al

Jan 7, 2021, 4:59:28 PM1/7/21
I've got GG in there in oh so many ways, and he still shows up.
Al

--
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.0 64bit, Dell Inspiron 5570, Quad Core i7-8550U, 16G Memory

Johnny

Jan 7, 2021, 5:03:21 PM1/7/21
Filter on Mixmin in the headers and you will never see him.

Arlen Holder

Jan 7, 2021, 5:45:19 PM1/7/21
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 12:10:35 -0800, sms wrote:

> Personally I'd love to know if a "free, ad free, account free, free
> unlimited bandwidth VPN" existed. I bought a 10 year account at Pure VPN
> in 2016. Still have about five years to go.

I can't be the only one on this newsgroup who knows this VPN stuff.
o I just can't.

Steve doesn't realize, I suspect, the subject line is "vpn *browsers*"
o Where free, ad free, unlimited bandwidth, account free browser vpns exist

Steve is asking a _different_ question, which is not related to browsers
o It's easy to answer his question though, as we've covered it in the past

Of course free ad free account free unlimited bandwith vpns exist
o I've posted how to garner six thousand free VPN servers for example

Marek Novotny wrote most of the scripts, in fact, over on alt.os.linux
o <http://tinyurl.com/alt-os-linux>

Marek's scripts have been working for me, for years, where they switch
countries and VPN servers randomly using batch scripts Marek supplied.

And yet, as Mike Easter is fond of claiming, every VPN is different
o Which I agree.

So there's _more_ to the story depending upon _your_ needs.
o For my needs, I've been using these free VPN servers for years

But this thread is specifally about _browser_ VPNS (aka proxies).
o I've been using them for years also; but there aren't as many out there

Which is why this thread was posted - to find all the ones you know of.
o If you know of a browser VPN script I haven't covered - let us know.

I can't be the only one on this newsgroup who knows this stuff.
--
Steve's is the first post to this thread that is even remotely on topic.

Arlen Holder

Jan 7, 2021, 5:55:30 PM1/7/21
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 16:59:27 -0500, Big Al wrote:

> I've got GG in there in oh so many ways, and he still shows up.

Hi Big Al, (troll's posting-host="5c0f4e9b294a39e3ae207d4bb3756c59")

You're a well known worthless piece of shit troll on this newsgroup.

You have never even once in your entire life added on-topic value
o To any thread.

You can't.
o Which you just proved, again, for all to see.

My advice?
o Please infest some other newsgroup with your always infantile posts.

Thanks!
--
These trolls prove they're trolls by the fact they can't ever add value.

Nym-Shifter Smashers

Jan 7, 2021, 6:00:36 PM1/7/21
How do you know this when you have kill-filed him/her?  He's a real
nym-shifter promoting Windows 10.  I don't kill-file anybody because I
enjoy the fun of them!!

Arlen Holder

Jan 7, 2021, 6:03:16 PM1/7/21
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 16:03:20 -0600, Johnny wrote:

> Filter on Mixmin in the headers

The topic is to flesh out what other truly free VPN browsers exist.

And yet, to this worthless piece of shit "Johnny" troll
o NNTP-Posting-Host: dyCKbtj/MwZZ9OeUz3EMIA.user.gioia.aioe.org

From that, I realize you're the same sock as the highwinds troll

So I simply point out to adults that this troll, like the rest
a. Adds no value to the technical topic at hand
b. Which, I apparently need to repeat, is VPN browsers
c. Where not a single post to this thread is about "VPN browsers"
d. Save for the opening post

The trolls clearly has spoken...
o It doesn't _comprehend_ what the topic of this thread is.

Even Steve Scharf, who isn't a troll but a Type II apologist
o Didn't compreyhend in the least the subject matter of this thread

Does _nobody_ on this newsgroup but me own an adult brain?
o None of the posts, other than my OP, has anything to do with the topic

The topic is to flesh out what other truly free VPN browsers exist.

I can't be the only one who knows this stuff
o (although, apparently, I am)

--
There are only two kinds of people: Those who add value & those who can't.

Arlen Holder

Jan 7, 2021, 6:04:21 PM1/7/21
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 18:00:00 -0500, Nym-Shifter Smashers wrote:

> promoting Windows 10

sms

Jan 8, 2021, 8:58:26 AM1/8/21
On 1/7/2021 1:54 PM, Ken Blake wrote:

<snip>

> 20% is a terrible percentage. Nobody who is right 20% of the time should
> be relied upon.

Agreed, which is why most people filter him out.

What you see on Usenet, and on some other forums, are those that are as
narcissistic as the U.S. president, and are upset that they made bad
choices and instead of saying "oh, I made a mistake, don't do what I
did," tries to get others to follow them down the same road and make the
same mistakes. While the president may get banned from social media for
lying, unmoderated Usenet groups can't do that.

But I guess having them post misinformation on Usenet is better than
having them turn their frustration at believing what isn't true into
rioting at the Capitol!

Even though some of us are careful to include references to support what
we post on Usenet and in other forums, you can't help someone whose
beliefs are based solely on emotion and not on facts. We are seeing that
play out big time in the U.S. with regards to the presidential election.
No matter how many times states recount the votes there are some people
that just are so invested in believing lies that they will never believe
facts.

Ken Blake

Jan 8, 2021, 9:06:22 AM1/8/21
If you think trolls are fun, it boggles my mind. But if you don't want
to killfile them, I don't care. What I do care about is someone's
replying to a troll, which makes me see their quoted message. Please
don't reply. If someone consistently replies to a troll, I end up
killfiling him too.

--
Ken

Arlen Holder

Jan 8, 2021, 11:05:03 AM1/8/21
On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 05:58:23 -0800, sms wrote:

> While the president may get banned from social media for
> lying, unmoderated Usenet groups can't do that.

Steve Scharf,

Either add on topic value, or stop always proving that you can't.

As the mayor Cupertino, I get it that you incessantly shill for your
political party; but infantile politics does not belong in this thread.

I'm an engineer and scientist, Steve... not a politician.
o My belief system is based on facts, Steve, not political bullshit.

You claim 80% of my facts are wrong and yet you can't find even one
o Your very statement prove, as always, you're a consummate bullshitter

Name even one fact I've ever stated in the entire history of Usenet
o That you consider wrong.

Name just one.
--
Hint: If Steve can't name even one, he's clearly bullshitting us.

sms

Jan 8, 2021, 12:00:01 PM1/8/21
On 1/8/2021 6:06 AM, Ken Blake wrote:

<snip>

> If you think trolls are fun, it boggles my mind. But if you don't want
> to killfile them, I don't care. What I do care about is someone's
> replying to a troll, which makes me see their quoted message. Please
> don't reply. If someone consistently replies to a troll, I end up
> killfiling him too.

Agreed. Trolls aren't fun. They aren't amusing. They want to get a
reaction from others and when you don't give it to them they'll
sometimes go away.

What's odd about a troll is that they can be perfectly normal in many
aspects of their lives, be helpful and honest, but just lose it when it
comes to certain subjects.

Many years ago we had someone in one of the cellular newsgroups who was
a pathological liar when it came to technology and cellular carriers,
but was very helpful when it came to sailing. It's a personality
disorder. And amusingly, or not, he had a brother who was a pathological
liar in computer newsgroups. And often they would be attacking each
other. It quickly became unamusing and everyone filtered both of them out.

Frank Slootweg

Jan 8, 2021, 1:24:40 PM1/8/21
Big Al <Big...@invalid.com> wrote:
> On 1/7/21 3:10 PM, this is what sms wrote:
> > On 1/7/2021 8:12 AM, Ken Blake wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> If anyone ever wants to question whether someone is a troll, just
> >> check to see if he nym-shifts. Nym-shifting s the mark of a troll,
> >> done to escape killfiles. But it's always easy enough to quickly
> >> add a new name to the killfile.
> >
> > In Thunderbird, and I suspect in other newsreaders, you can have
> > enough wild-cards in your filters that you don't have to add new
> > names most of the time, depending on how clever the nymshifter is.
> >
> > I use "contains" instead of "is" with both the name and the domain
> > and most of "Arlen's" different nyms are covered. Of course when
> > people follow up on his posts those are not filtered out.
> >
> > What is rather sad is that "Arlen" does occasionally post useful and
> > accurate information, probably about 20% of what he posts is useful
> > and true. If he could just stop being so Trump-like, and try to be
> > accurate and truthful all the time. He could start his
> > rehabilitation by following the example that many of us have set and
> > use references to support his contentions.
> >
> > Personally I'd love to know if a "free, ad free, account free, free unlimited bandwidth VPN" existed. I bought a 10 year account at Pure VPN
> > in 2016. Still have about five years to go.
[...]

> I've got GG in there in oh so many ways, and he still shows up.

GG UTF-8-encodes the nym part of his 'From:' header. Perhaps
Thunderbird can not handle UTF-8 (in headers in Message Filters).

If so, you might want to filter on his (pseudo) e-mail address (which
is not UTF-F-encoded, but plain US-ASCII).

Arlen Holder

Jan 9, 2021, 12:37:52 PM1/9/21
On 8 Jan 2021 20:44:06 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

>> 20% is a terrible percentage. Nobody who is right 20% of the time
>> should be relied upon.
>
> sms has an even worse track record here. ou are talking to a couple of
> fools.

Someone needs to bring an adult perspective to the child-like Apple ngs.
o What I find interesting is how the apologists react to facts:

Type I (nospam) actually _know_ most of the facts (shockingly so)
Type II (sms) couldn't possibly be bothered by doublechecking facts
Type III (Jolly Roger, Lewis, Alan Baker, Joerg Lorenz, BK, et al.)
believe anything & everything that Apple has ever fed them.

o TYPE I
For example, nospam claimed in January of 2020 that the iPhone X did not
get throttling software (which even Apple admitted it got on Halloween
of 2019, even after telling Congress in February it wasn't "as" necessary).

o TYPE II
For example, Steve Scharf claimed (and _still_ claims_ Qualcomm royalties
went down, even as anyone with adult comprehensive skills (admittedly, this
Apple newsgroup utterly lacks that skill) knows the royalties went up 113%
per iPhone on average (hell, Apple is removing functionality & reducing the
battery for the express reason of asking its customers for those billions,
for Christs' sake). (Hint: Apple surrendered to Qualcomm. Like Hannibal
surrendered to Scipio. It was an abject surrender which Steve can't
process.

o TYPE III
For example, Jolly Roger literally screamed that Apple "told us" about the
secret throttling, as there it was, in the release notes, where what Jolly
Roger will never comprehend is the simple fact that Apple _lost_ the USA
_criminal_ case for editing those release notes well after the fact, and
where Tim Cook was caught in a lie (he either didn't know Apple had
secretly changed the release notes or he simply lied - we'll never know as
Apple only tells the truth in court when forced to tell the truth).

Once you get to know these apologists, you can predict almost every
response they will have to facts, they're _that_ stupid, all of them.
--
Someone needs to bring an adult perspective to the child-like Apple ngs.